This program is designed to integrate typically developing peers with children who have identified educational needs. All children engage in a variety of activities and functional routines to help them build self-regulation, social-emotional, and academic skills that prepare them for their transition to kindergarten.
The overall goals of this program are to:
- Provide a diverse classroom environment in which students of all abilities learn together
- Provide the opportunity for children with differing abilities to interact, learn to play cooperatively, participate in functional routines, and build pre-academic skills through exposure to developmentally appropriate activities
- Allow children to develop individual learning styles and to learn at their own rate
- Provide developmentally appropriate models to children with developmental delays
- Provide the opportunity to develop compassion and understanding of the diversity within the community
If you are interested in having your child participate in the typical peer program, please contact the early childhood coordinator.
Cathy German, Early Childhood Coordinator